Skip to main content

Manipulation Art - Drowning in Dreams

Drowning - Manipulation Art

Girl drowning in her dreams - Manipulation art using Adobe Photoshop

Glad to share my another post here with you all. I created this artwork using Adobe Photoshop. First off all for create that type artwork you might know the uses of blending modes, it's really important because you have to match subject with background or environment. 

I basically choose image for background and for subject. Then I cutout( you can use any tool for selecting subject according to you, I used select subject then I refine mask) the subject and placed on background. 

After placing my subject I set hue and saturation according to background, it's because I want to create a drowning girl so I set hue nearby blue which is ocean color. After that I place two jelly fishes and used brush strokes for glow jelly fishes.

For detailing I put bubbles(if you find any pic using black background and you want to subtract your subject then you can use screen blending mode, it hides black color or areas).

Finally I match brightness, contrast and add glow. 

Hope you like artwork and you can find short video of process below.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neon effect using Adobe Illustrator

Vector Graphics - Owl Neon effect using blending modes and transparency in Adobe Illustrator Fig. 01 Neon Effect owl ©optimusvj For create neon glowing art in Adobe Illustrator we just need blending and transparency. For example you create a circle with no fill and with outline, and remember that you choose bright color and your document must be in RGB color mode. After that create copy of circle and select both circles, remember that they both are center align and vary in sizes like one circle with 100px and another one is less in size and with different stroke size too like one circle with 1px stroke and another one is less thickness stroke and apply blending. you can choose steps according to visual then choose small circle by holding ctrl or command key and set transparency to 0, it gives you seamless transition effect. That's it, so you can create different shapes and make any object. Fig. 01 Neon Effect Calculator ©optimusvj

Manipulation Art Video

Manipulation Art Manipulation video using Blending modes and masking in Adobe After Effects In this video, I use two different video clips. For merge environments I use black and white adjustment layer for both videos. Then I use masking for upper layer video which is boat video. Then I move mask anchor points frame by frame and I set blending mode to Luminosity. Finally I rendered video.